[opencms-dev] tool handler depending on session attributes

Michael Moossen m.moossen at alkacon.com
Fri Mar 19 12:17:40 CET 2010

Hi Nacho!

the I_CmsToolHandler was sometime refactored to also provide the
isVisble(CmsWorkplace) and isEnabled(CmsWorkplace) methods just because
of scenarios like yours.

if you implement these methods the isVisible(CmsObject) and
isEnabled(CmsObject) wont be called anymore. (see
org.opencms.workplace.tools.A_CmsToolHandler).

once you have the wp instance you can access to the session with:
wp.getJsp().getRequest().getSession();

HTH
Michael