[opencms-dev] Internal flag, property internal error

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Fri Mar 26 13:43:21 CET 2010

Hello everyone

I'm experiencing a weird problem on a 7.5.1 system, upgraded from 7.5.0 shortly after the release of 7.5.1. The system runs on a Tomcat/MySQL setup.

I had flagged some resources as internal, by setting the property "internal" to "true". Prior to the upgrade I believe everything was fine, but now, when editing the properties, no value is displayed for the "internal" property. The files that were flagged as internal now always produce the error message, "Failed to read resource "/resource/name/here.html". It is only available for internal access operations", even if I set internal=false.

Likewise, if I try to flag a new file as internal, it will never produce said error message. It seems like the "internal" property is utterly ignored.

This is a major problem, as I need to make certain files inaccessible. This problem is not mentioned in the fix list for 7.5.2, as far as I can tell.

Any clues as to how I might be able to fix it?

Best regards,
Paul