[opencms-dev] Template property wiped when using Internet Explorer

Luc Feys lfeys at reference.be
Wed Mar 31 13:36:14 CEST 2010

Hello Andy,

Thanks for your reply. You were right: there were two 'template' properties with different case. I just tried it: deleted the 'Template' property and it seems to work. Internet explorer is no longer confused.

I still wonder where the other 'Template' property was coming from. I have never noticed it on any other projects. I think it got introduced by importing a 'Template One' module, which we needed to investigate for optimizations. Because when I deleted the 'Template' property, it warned me about resources in that 'Template One' module using that property. And that's the only time ever I worked with 'template one' and also the only time ever I noticed this issue (and we have already 10+ opencms projects up and running). So I assume Template one is guilty.

Kind regards,

Luc Feys

------------------------------

Andy Savin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We do occasionally see this problem (using 7.0.4).  There seems to be 2
> template properties (template and Template).  IE seems to occassionally
> switch the value to the one with the capital T which obvisouly doesn't
> work.
>
> Deleting the extra property might help but I don't know if it is used
> anywhere.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a list of what all the properties are used
> for as there does seem to be rather alot most of which don't seem to be
> used?
>
> Andy

Message: 9