[opencms-dev] OpenCMS on WAS 7.0

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon Apr 19 22:51:39 CEST 2010

Dear Timothy
> Now I need to do the same for the software
> used in our production environment which is IBM WebSphere 7.0 and DB2. Are
> there any wiki entries, documentation, mail archives, etc. that would help
> me in this endeavor?  I have tried it but I keep getting the error
>
>  javax.servlet.ServletException: Critical error during OpenCms
> initialization: The OpenCms setup wizard is still enabled.

Did you already go through the setup?

You need to deploy the web app in a way that ensures that the .war file
gets unpacked and that the unpacked files are writable by the web app.
Then, you need to go through the setup wizard which should spend some
time to import all important modules.

In the end it should tell you that the setup was successful. Then, you
should re-start the web application context.

If the setup did go through, but for some reason this message still
appears, then you can manually disable the wizard in the
opencms.properties configuration file and re-start the web-app. But this
will only help if the wizard was able to import all important modules.

If you still have trouble, then it is good to attach your logfile from
the installation which you can find in the opencms webapp under
WEB-INF/logs.

Kind regards
Christian