[opencms-dev] Problems with CLOSE-WAIT

Ricardo Vila ricardo.vila at gmail.com
Thu May 6 01:35:36 CEST 2010

Hi list

I've a problem with a implementation of opencms7.0.5.

Some people developed a new module into opencms, this module have calls to
database connections, but when i start the application on tomcat this
application made the tomcat down, review the logs and the connections on
tomcat, and this grow up quickly. Now the people that developed the module,
reviewed the source and changed the form to close connections. First, they
have implemented pattern singleton and add sentence finally into the block
try/catch.

I tried run the app with this changes, but now the tomcat generate many
process in states CLOSE_WAIT, i was searching in internet references and
found that the problem is the application, I suppose that into the
application i need close the connection with the tomcat.

please i hope you can help me

greetings

Ricardo