[opencms-dev] direct edit icons not showing up when using jQuery

Michael Moossen m.moossen at alkacon.com
Mon May 17 17:11:15 CEST 2010

Dear Pujan!

The problem is that the direct edit provider loads jQuery and your
template also loads jQuery. And this twice loading is not good, in
special for IE. there are several solutions for this problem:
- use the old direct edit provider that does not use jQuery, see
opencms-workplace.xml, i think the right class is
CmsDefaultDIrectEditProvider in the same package...
- change your template to load jQuery only when online, ie
using something like:
cms.getRequestContext().currentProject().isOnlineProject()
then your jQuery file will be used when online and the direct edit
provider's when offline...

HTH
Michael Moossen