[opencms-dev] OpenCMS performance tuning

Achim Westermann Achim.Westermann at gmx.de
Wed May 26 15:56:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

If I had to guess from this information I'd say: Relaunch the website (with a newer version of OpenCms). And not a relauch with a different design but all the old code still in action. However this is just a guess.
>From the Software point of view I can say that this should not cause bad performance (except for Oracle).
I'd try to find out the bottleneck parts of the web page / code and in an first attempt try to use flex cache tuning whenever possible. Regarding system design: Do avoid calls to remote systems if you can (speed, stability), try to keep all components (apache, appserver, database) on a single machine. And virtual machines.... well I had my issuses with team developement on vmware.

HTH,

Achim

-------- Original-Nachricht --------