[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 8 Release: any news?

Marc my.mailing.lists at gmx.de
Mon Jun 14 20:59:39 CEST 2010

Thanks for your answer Michael.

I went through some slides again and I must have missed the Q4 somehow
or mixed it with the upcoming Eclipse release :-D

Anyway, there is another important question:
The mailing-list archive didnt give me any results on the keyword
GENERIC and I am very interested in the actual state regarding this
issue? At the OpenCms-Days the question was if OpenCms should stick with
the current method signatures for backward compatibility or use new
features like Generics, but I couldnt find any results on that poll.

So I browsed the CVS-Head and I couldnt find any new signatures with
Generics. Neither about the mentioned JPA DB-Drivers.

Can you give some update on that matter please? Have some features been
dropped?

regards
-- Marc