[opencms-dev] OpenCMS - JSF integration

Martin Höller martin.hoeller at xss.co.at
Thu Jul 15 08:11:57 CEST 2010

Hi!

Am Montag, 12. Juli 2010 12:03:42 schrieb Olaitan Olamilehin:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Any ideas on how to integrate JSF into OpenCMS so that .jsf files are
> used as the view layer instead of .jsp template files?
>
> I tried a small setup description on the OpenCMS wiki(
> http://opencms-wiki.org/Java_Server_Faces_(JSF)
> <http://opencms-wiki.org/Java_Server_Faces_%28JSF%29>) but I could not
> get it to work. The jsf tags are not translated/transformed to html so
> my test page is always blank and I dont get any errors in the logs.
>
> Suggestions and tips are warmly welcome.

Disclaimer: I'm currently not using OpenCms, so my help will be very limited
ATM.

It seems not many people are using OpenCms with JSF and Alcacon is not
interested in it, which is disappointing, as JSP is a technology which is
going to die (sooner or later).

However, the last time I used OpenCms with JSF it worked. All I had to do was
doing all the configuration issues described on the mentioned wiki page.
Note, that only JSF 1.1 is going to work, which is a  pretty outdated
version! Which version are you using?

If JSF tags are not translated, it is a common mistake to forget to include
accoring namespaces at the beginning of the page. Did you do this?

hth,
- martin