[opencms-dev] OpenCMS - JSF integration

Thomas Göttlich guo.tuomi at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 15 18:24:43 CEST 2010

Hi,

AFAIK JSF 2.x uses facelets under the hood and this seems to contradict the
OpenCMS way.

As fas as I could track the issue (I also tried to use JSF 1.2 with
facelets), the problem lies with facelets wanting to read the XHTML files
from the RFS and OpenCMS might not have downloaded them already.
Maybe you could get facelets to load the files via OpenCMS in order to
access the VFS.

Also note that I got JSF 1.2 to run with OpenCMS by supplying a newer
servlet-api version (if I remember correctly).
JSF needed to use JSPs , however, so no improvement here.

Unfortunately I can't provide more information since using JSF without
facelets was a no go and thus my tests (and subsequent documentation) were
very short.

Hope that helps anyway.