[opencms-dev] OAMP formular module and depending modules

Thomas Decher thomas.decher at tomdigital.de
Fri Jul 30 18:55:59 CEST 2010

Dear alkacon team,

I've got a question depending the form module and the other modules that are
extending the form module (e.g. comments module and registration module).

We're using this modules because they're providing a lot of important features.
This functionality so far is a very nice piece of work, I'd like to thank you for.

Unfortunately the markup provided by these modules is a little bit inflexible
and invalid in xhtml.
We began cleaning this up by editing the properties-files but ended in
overwriting a lot of classes (nearly every field, form, formhandler, factory...)
to get the wanted markup. Our markup includes workplace-configurable fieldsets
with legends (so you can group a form) and labels with working for-attribute
(something every form should [must] have).
This work then has to be repeated for every extending module and is taking a lot
of time for analysing and developing.

Now that you're working on version #8, I am wondering whether you're planning to
enhance this, too. Or redesign it after the next major release.
If yes I'd like to know if I perhaps can be of a help, too - by entering the
described needs as enhancements proposals to the bug tracker, proposing a more
flexible markup or perhaps sending you our form-module-extension as a proposal
(I thought of deploying this module for public but it needs a review before).

I'am addressing you through this list because I'am hoping for a little bit of
feedback from other users too - especially whether they encountered the same
wishes to the form module.

Is there already an alpha or beta of version eight available?
The CVS seems to provide only some version 7 enhancements.

Best regards
Thomas Decher

- --

TOM Digital GmbH
Thomas Decher
Hammerbrookstrasse 93
20097 Hamburg, Germany

Telefon: +49.40.254048-10
Fax:     +49.40.254048-40

E-Mail: td at tomdigital.de

TOM Digital GmbH

Geschäftsführer / Managing Director: Thomas Heisterhagen
Eingetragen beim / registered at: Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 110797

Diese E-Mail einschliesslich ihrer Anlagen ist vertraulich und nur fuer
den Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfaenger sind,
bitten wir Sie, dieses E-Mail mit Anlagen unverzueglich vollstaendig zu
loeschen und uns umgehend zu benachrichtigen.

Dieses Problem ließe sich mit Verschlüsselung sehr leicht umgehen. Für diese
E-Mail-Adresse ist ein PGP-Schlüssel, die ID lautet 0xBDCC86D6, auf den gängigen
Schlüsselservern verfügbar.

This e-mail and its attachments are strictly confidential and are
intended solely for the attention of the person to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please
delete it including its attachments immediately and inform us
accordingly.

This problem can be dealt with simply by encryption. A PGP-key, the id is
0xBDCC86D6, for this email-account is available on the established key servers.