[opencms-dev] Edit Pages on iPad

Olaitan Olamilehin olaitan.olamilehin at moremr.com
Mon Aug 9 13:44:06 CEST 2010

Hi Brett,

Have you tried adding the iPad useragent string/regex pattern to the editor configuration file?
The path to the configuration file is /system/workplace/editors/fckeditor/editor_configuration.xml.

At least, this worked for fixing a similar problem I faced with the latest version of Firefox.

You might want to give it a shot and I hope it works so that your boss is happy :-)

Regards,
Olaitan.

This question is a long shot, but has anyone been able to successfully edit
pages on the iPad and if so, did they set something up in a particular way?

You may think that I am missing an obvious point, that while OpenCMS is
rigorously tested with Internet Explorer and Mozilla, it's not intended to
be used with every browser in existence. :-)

I know, but as it happens I have someone who wants to edit and demo pages on
their iPad (my boss) and I would like to accommodate him if possible. I
believe the problem is the target icon doesn't appear on the screen and even
reloading the screen doesn't help.

The iPad uses a mobile version of the Safari browser. My boss has been able
to edit pages on the latest desktop version of Safari and (oddly enough), I
have been able edit, save and then publish content using the mobile Safari
browser on an iPod Touch. However, I wouldn't recommend it :-)

Thank you.

Regards

Brett S