[opencms-dev] We have setup a public OpenCms Maven2 Repository

Brabenetz, Harald harald.brabenetz at bearingpointconsulting.com
Thu Aug 26 11:52:05 CEST 2010

Hi Martin,

You are right, but at least the four-digits (patched) Versions are unique :)

I don't believe that Alkacon will create Maven Artifacts for OpnCms 7.x (Maybe for 8.x?)
There would be some Problems:
At least the OpenCms Module "org.opencms.workplace.administration" Version 7.5.1 is not unique.
There are two difference versions of this Module released with OpenCms 7.5.1 and 7.5.2
which are not compatible to each other but have the same Version number.

Also http://www.comundus.com/ creates there own Maven Repo:
http://opencms-wiki.org/Fully_automated_builds_with_the_OpenCms-Maven-Plugin

It's mess that there are so many separated Maven Repository with different opencms-Artifacts.
This could only end if Alkacon change their build-process to Maven.
But this changes costs time and money and nobody want to pay it...

kind regards,
Harald