[opencms-dev] We have setup a public OpenCms Maven2 Repository

Martin Höller martin.hoeller at xss.co.at
Thu Aug 26 12:38:52 CEST 2010

Hi Harald!

Am Donnerstag 26 August 2010, 11:52:05 schrieb Brabenetz, Harald:
> Hi Martin,
>
> You are right, but at least the four-digits (patched) Versions are unique
> :)
>
> I don't believe that Alkacon will create Maven Artifacts for OpnCms 7.x
> (Maybe for 8.x?) There would be some Problems:
> At least the OpenCms Module "org.opencms.workplace.administration" Version
> 7.5.1 is not unique. There are two difference versions of this Module
> released with OpenCms 7.5.1 and 7.5.2 which are not compatible to each
> other but have the same Version number.
>
> Also http://www.comundus.com/ creates there own Maven Repo:
> http://opencms-wiki.org/Fully_automated_builds_with_the_OpenCms-Maven-Plugi
>
> It's mess that there are so many separated Maven Repository with different
> opencms-Artifacts.

Agreed.

> This could only end if Alkacon change their build-process to Maven.

Not necessarily. But they would have to at least upload their artifacts to
maven central. Maybe via Sonatype's OSS repo [0].

> But this changes costs time and money and nobody want to pay it...

Unfortunately this is the point :-(

However, I just wanted to point out, that there might be some problems with
the current approach.

hth,
- martin

[0] https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide