[opencms-dev] Easier Way To Restrict Workplace User Access?

Brett Sheeran brett.sheeran at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 00:26:18 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have 81 subfolders under "default". From time to time, I need to:
-Create a new subfolder (called say "folder1")
-Create a new Organizational Unit (called say "org_unit1" whose Users have
full rights to that new "folder1", but no rights to any other subfolders.
-Ensure users from other non-root Organizational Units have no rights to the
new "folder1".
I can achieve the desired result by:
-removing the "Denied" settings from "default" and then
-applying the denied settings to all sub folders (barring the new "folder1")
under "default".

However, there are two problems with that technique
Problem 1: there are 81 sub folders under "default" adding deny settings to
80 of them is tedious.
Problem 2: If an administrator adds a new folder without adding a deny, all
"org_unit1" users will be able access the new folder.

I know this would be a risky solution, but could anyone suggest a way I
could do this using SQL?

Thank you.

Regards

Brett S