[opencms-dev] Browser Caching deactivated

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Mon Oct 4 09:46:33 CEST 2010

I doubt that caching the JS will help your browser, it still have to
interpret the JS code for each paragraph. I've had examples with 20+
"wysiwyg" fields like your paragraphs. The editor page would take
forever to load in IE but Chrome would open it in no time (well almost).

Anyway, look at the mod_expires module if you want to have Apache tell
the browser to cache the your JS files.

brs
Claus

On 2010-10-01 18:37, Ludwig Hunecke wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> we've got the following problem:
>
> There's a content type that represents an typical article. So there
> are different paragraphs, each displayed by a CKEditor. The problem is
> that the client browser loads the whole ckeditor for each paragraph
> (CKEditor instance). Five paragraphs =>  client browser downloads the
> whole CKEditor stuff five times.
>
> (This problem by the way exists for the whole backend. Everytime
> everything is loaded completely in the backend. But just for the
> CKEditor we run into serious problems with that, since browsers seem
> to get overloaded).
>
> How to configure OpenCms, Tomcat or the Apache mod_proxy in front to
> tell the client to use it from its caches?
>

> Thanks a lot&  all the best!
> Ludwig

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46