[opencms-dev] How to store data into database using OAMP WebForm module

Mario Jäger m.jaeger at alkacon.com
Mon Oct 11 09:12:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

To your questions.

To (1) If you want to store the webform data in the database pool "my_db", then you have to configure the module parameter in this way "db-pool=my_db". You also have to configure the "Data target" node in the webform xml content.
In the sub node "Transport", you have to choose either "Database" or "Email&  Database". And you have to set an unique form id in the sub node "Form Id". By default (if the "Data target" node is not added with the plus button) the
submitted data will be sent as an email to the configured "Mail to" address. What database do you use? If you use "Oracle" for example, you also have to set the module parameter "db-provider=oracle".

To (2) The webform data are stored in the tables "cms_webform_data" and "cms_webform_entries". In the "Database Management" in the OpenCms administration view there is the icon "OAMP Webform". If you click on that, than there are
listed all form ids. If you click on one of them, than there are listed all submitted form entries to this form id.

--
Kind Regards,
Mario.

Mario Jäger