[opencms-dev] No Tomcat logging anymore after updating to 7.5.3

Roman-Uhlig roman.uhlig at maxity.de
Fri Oct 15 15:52:09 CEST 2010

Hi Mario,

thanks for your reply.

I was not talking of the opencms.log file, but Tomcat's localhost-xxx.log
file, where server errors (e.g. 500) have been logged until OpenCms 7.5.2.
We have a standard Tomcat 6 installation without any relevant custom
configuration.

After upgrading from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3, exceptions are not logged there
anymore, nor in any other log file. We didn't change anything in the Tomcat
configuration. opencms.log contains only the startup and shutdown info.

But indeed we have an error in our update.log, tho I doubt it has anything
to do with it:

17464:  ( 69 / 80 ) Deleting folder
/system/workplace/locales/es/messages/org/opencms/file/types/ ... !!! Error
publishing deleted folder
"/system/workplace/locales/es/messages/org/opencms/file/typ
es/".
17465:
17466:  !!! Exception Unable to remove the folder
"/system/workplace/locales/es/messages/org/opencms/file/types/". The folder
contains the files "[/system/workplace/locales/es/messages/org/opencms/
file/types/messages_es.properties]".
17467:  org.opencms.file.CmsVfsException: Unable to remove the folder
"/system/workplace/locales/es/messages/org/opencms/file/types/". The folder
contains the files "[/system/workplace/locales/es/m
essages/org/opencms/file/types/messages_es.properties]".
17468:          at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsVfsDriver.removeFolder(CmsVfsDriver.java:2450)
17469:          at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsProjectDriver.publishDeletedFolder(CmsProjectDriver.java:823)
17470:          at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsProjectDriver.publishProject(CmsProjectDriver.java:1514)
17471:          at org.opencms.d
17472:          at
org.opencms.publish.CmsPublishThread.run(CmsPublishThread.java:199)
17473:  Statistics: published files: 75, published folders: 0, deleted
folders: 69, duration: 00:00:55
17474:  !!! Exception Error publishing deleted folder
"/system/workplace/locales/es/messages/org/opencms/file/types/".
17475:  org.opencms.file.CmsVfsException: Error publishing deleted folder
"/system/workplace/locales/es/messages/org/opencms/file/types/".
17476:          at
org.opencms.file.CmsVfsException.createException(CmsVfsException.java:80)
17477:          at
org.opencms.db.CmsDbContext.throwException(CmsDbContext.java:318)
17478:          at org.opencms.db.CmsDbContext.report(CmsDbContext.java:292)
17479:          at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsProjectDriver.publishProject(CmsProjectDriver.java:1536)
17480:          at
org.opencms.db.CmsDriverManager.publishJob(CmsDriverManager.java:5401)
17481:          at
org.opencms.publish.CmsPublishThread.run(CmsPublishThread.java:199)
17482:  Caused by: org.opencms.file.CmsVfsException: Unable to remove the
folder "/system/workplace/locales/es/messages/org/opencms/file/types/". The
folder contains the files
17483:          at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsVfsDriver.removeFolder(CmsVfsDriver.java:2450)
17484:          at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsProjectDriver.publishDeletedFolder(CmsProjectDriver.java:823)
17485:          at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsProjectDriver.publishProject(CmsProjectDriver.java:1514)
17486:          ... 2 more

Thanks,
Roman