[opencms-dev] Append trailing slash to folder URL

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Thu Nov 4 17:18:12 CET 2010

Good evening lads and ladies,

I'd like to redirect requests to folder resources with no trailing slash to the same URL, but with the trailing slash.

E.g. a request to
http://www.mysite.com/en
Should be redirected to
http://www.mysite.com/en/

OpenCms does not do this automagically, and the fact that the same resource is served from both URLs can cause problems in terms of SEO (duplicate content).

Would appreciate any solutions, or even just a pointer. Can't imagine I'm the first to face this problem. Did I overlook something basic?

All the best,
Paul