[opencms-dev] CmsVfsResourceAlreadyExistsException.java:77

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Nov 19 16:14:44 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 11:00:25PM +0100, Achim Westermann wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I did not read through everything, just a quick thought:
>
> Maybe the exported zip was done with a site other from "/" selected.
> And you are importing to "/". Then you have imported the files next
> to /sites/ where they now reside. Happened to me once.
>
> Check the root site if you find the files.

Hi Achim,

good point. Things like this happened to me also in the past. Not only
at the beginning in my learning phase but cannot be excluded now. But it's
not the case right now.

This is one of the major drawbacks of OpenCMS, IMO, that there are so many
side effects, that can occur.

Nonetheless I was surprised and a bit proud to see OpenCMS
ranging in the top 20 of views or clicks (among the around 1200 listed
on www.cmsmatrix.org ).