[opencms-dev] "Alkacon Premium OpenCms Support" for which database backends?

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Mon Jan 31 12:33:09 CET 2011

Yves,

> I wanted to ask for which database backends Alkacon provides premium
> OpenCms support?

we provide support for the following databases:

# Oracle 8.1.7
# Oracle 9.x
# Oracle 10.x
# Oracle 11.x
# MySQL 4.0.x
# MySQL 4.1.x
# MySQL 5.0.x
# PostgreSQL 8.x (for OpenCms 7.0.2 or newer)
# Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and 2005 (for OpenCms 7.0.2 or newer)

> Especially I wanted to know if Firebird (the opencms-jpa build works
> with Firebird) is among these?

No, Firebird is not among the supported databases, as we do not use it here.

> If not, will Firebird be officially (with paid support available)
> supported in OpenCms 8? Or "just" included in the official version but
> without paid support available? Or not included at all?

It is not planned to support any other databases for OpenCms 8 at the
moment.
When using the JPA driver, you can of course use different databases as
well, but there we can only give support on OpenCms level.

--
Kind Regards,
Michael.

Michael Emmerich