[opencms-dev] Cannot resolve the name 'OpenCmsLocale' to a(n) type definition component

Tom Wolf twb15 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 8 22:21:02 CET 2011

Hi,
I wanted to incorporate my struts based site with a new opencms site - after installing oc, I copied my old site into the oc site - this includes the WEB-INF dir (updating web.xml appropriately).

I then started recieving the error:

XML validation error :

src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name 'OpenCmsLocale' to a(n) type definition component ...

After searching the web for a solution, I started a roll-back process and it turns out I added the lib: xerces-2.4.0.jar (while xercesImpl-2.9.1.jar comes with the oc setup).  After removing this jar, it works again.