[opencms-dev] Web form can be integrated in existing pages?

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Fri Feb 25 08:22:47 CET 2011

Hi Antonio,

Yes!

1.) Using a form with your own template:
If you have set up your "outer" template (the one named in the "template" property) according to the convention, naming the top and bottom sections "head" and "foot", you just need to make sure the property "template" points to your template, and the form will work. (If not, you can always edit the form's jsp (/system/modules/...fromgenerator/pages/form.jsp) and rename "head" and "foot" to whatever names your template is using for the top and bottom sections.)

2.) Integrate the form in any page:
In your page's template (the one named in the "template-elements" property), use cms.include(...) or <cms:include ...> to call the form's jsp. BUT: You will most likely need to modify the form's jsp to accept an additional parameter or attribute for this to work. It should contain the path to your form, to let the form's jsp know which VFS resource to read.

I haven't tested option 2 myself, and it can be a bit tricky if you haven't done anything like this before, but it should definitively be possible.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Paul in the snow