[opencms-dev] Default-file for folder tree

Nagy Attila lists.opencms.org at tylla.hu
Fri Feb 25 13:45:11 CET 2011

Hi!

I am having a frequently changing directory tree which is populated with
some custom XML objects. What I want to do is automatically list the
elements of a folder when the folder is accessed.
I managed to solve this, but it is too tedious (it involves creating an
index.html in every folder and adding a property which gets read by the
template). I can't put this in the hand of the user, it would forget
one-two steps and I have to clean up the mess. :(

I thought this could be done simply with the "default-file" property, by
setting it to some self-made jsp file that lists the directory contents,
but it doesn't seem to work.

I did search the mail list and the forums, but except for an almost
similar question that wasn't answered anyway, I couldn't find any usable
info.
Am I missing something?
How does the "default-file" property work?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this was already answered somewhere
(than some pointer would be welcome too).
Tylla.