[opencms-dev] Search settings: exclude fields in structured content / xmlcontent

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Sun Mar 20 17:45:12 CET 2011

Hey all,

My xmlcontent / structured content fields are getting indexed by OpenCms, although I have set them explicitly to not be indexed, in the .xsd.

For example, I have an definition file, "image.xsd", for an image container. I use this image container in several types of structured content (nested).

In image.xsd, I have placed these search settings:
    <xsd:annotation>
        <xsd:appinfo>
            <resourcebundle name="no.npolar.common.pageelements.workplace"/>
            <searchsettings>
                <searchsetting element="Alignment" searchcontent="false" />
                <searchsetting element="Size" searchcontent="false" />
            </searchsettings>
        </xsd:appinfo>
    </xsd:annotation>

However, when I do a search, I can still see values of "Alignment" and "Size" (e.g. "Right" and "Medium") in the generated text snippet.

Within my structured content files, I often combine "actual content" (displayed on the finished webpage) with "settings" (not displayed on the finished webpage), but I don't want those setting values to appear in the search results.

What do I have to do to accomplish this? (Yes, I have rebuild the index.)

Best regards,
Paul