[opencms-dev] how to have same URL access for static and dynamic publication

David Caparros david at disiei.net
Wed Mar 23 12:10:44 CET 2011

Dear all,
our organisation want to have OpenCMS publish in dynamic and static. The
idea is change webs from static to dynamic
using org.opencms.staticexport.CmsAfterPublishStaticExportHandler as export
handler. We switch from static to dynamic using the web folder export
property

Our not solved question is how to change one web from one mode to another
without changing its URL. As you know OCMS, in static export, insert the
rfs-prefix

In this moment if you have a web in dynamic you will access trough
http://mydomain.com/site1 but if we change to static we will access trough
http://mydomain.com/opencms/export/site1 (in case you have
<rfs-prefix>${CONTEXT_NAME}/export</rfs-prefix>)

We are thinking in some Apache rewrite rules, but maybe there is something
with a more creative solution

Our system is composed by:

OCMS version 7.0.5
Oracle 11
Tomact 5.5

Thanks in advance and best regards

David Caparrós

NOTE we have tested <rfs-prefix>/</rfs-prefix> but actually a static web
works as a dynamic