[opencms-dev] Deadlock releasing online project index locks

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Thu Apr 14 12:12:50 CEST 2011

Olaitan,

this message means that Lucene has locked the search index you try to
update.

You can rebuild the complete index via the Search Adminstration, as this
will force an unlock to this index.
After this the index will be updated incrementally again.

You can also make a change to the opencms-search.xml to force OpenCms to
remove a lock on the search index even when doing an incremental indexing.

Replace the line

<forceunlock>onlyfull</forceunlock>

with

<forceunlock>always</forceunlock>

and restart your OpenCms after the change.

Kind Regards,
Michael.

Am 13.04.2011 14:25, schrieb Olaitan Olamilehin:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have been getting this error(*Index "Online project EN (VFS)" is
> currently locked an can not be updated. Waiting 10 seconds for lock
> release.* ) each time I publish a resource.
>
> What can I do to fix this problem or at least to avoid it. It can be
> very annoying. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Regards,
> Olaitan.

Visit OpenCms Days 2011 Conference and Expo
May 9 to May 10 2011 in Cologne, Germany
http://www.opencms-days.org

Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts
Michael Emmerich
An der Wachsfabrik 13
50996 Koeln, DE

Tel: +49 (0)2236 3826-14
Fax: +49 (0)2236 3826-20
Email: m.emmerich at alkacon.com

http://www.alkacon.com
http://www.opencms.org

Geschäftsführer: Alexander Kandzior, Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 54613