[opencms-dev] Special Characters in navText

Christian Funken c.funken at vucx.de
Wed May 11 15:44:12 CEST 2011

Hello there.

I'm in the middle of building a location navigation.
Of course I'd like to use the navBuilder for this. However, I keep
running into the problem that certain characters I need ( Chinese,
Indian & Korean to be precise ) don't seem to work with this.
Whenever I try to set the navigation text of these folders to something
like 简体中文, all that is left after saving it looks like this : ¿¿¿¿

Is there some way to get around this issue and set up the navigation
text with the original characters?

Thanks and have a nice day.
- C.Funken