[opencms-dev] Exception when updating to OpenCms 8

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Wed May 11 16:53:08 CEST 2011

Hi List,

during the preparations for the OpenCms Days I did 10-20 upgrades with
the updater, an all worked. Ok, this does not help you, but you might
take a look into this:

BEFORE updateing please check if the Admin user has an non default
setting for the Upload-Applet.
So go to the User-Managment -> Select the Admin User and look if you
have an entry like this:

USERPREFERENCES_workplace-generaloptionsuploadapplet at java.lang.Boolean=false

I tested an updater with this additional info being there, and it faild
as reported.

If this value is there, delete it, then the updater should work.

In OpenCms 7 this was just a boolean value, but this has changed for
OpenCms 8 as you have three alternatives now (new dialogue, applet and
simple upload). If the a value is stored, this causes the
ClassCastException. It looks as if someone forgot to add a correct error
handling here, sorry.

Kind Regards,
Michael.

Am 11.05.2011 16:16, schrieb Deiverson Silveira:
> Hi list,
>
> I have same problem (ClassCastException) for update 7.5.4 > 8... :-|
>
> I try install full, and export data/modules project and import OpenCms 8.
>
> Deiverson Silveira

Kind Regards,
Michael.