[opencms-dev] Issues with OpenCms 8 on fresh install (Mac OS X)

Mathias Lin mail at mathiaslin.com
Thu May 12 17:55:48 CEST 2011

Thanks for that reminder, it actually rings a bell. The Mac Book I'm on is
new and I've basically left any config untouched. Haven't tried to reinstall
OpenCms yet, as I have it running now by having copied everything over from
my Windows installation.

btw: reason that the file icons in the workplace weren't showing was that
some of the icons /opencms/resources/filetypes/containerpage*.png did not
exist on the RFS, however, some others of the containerpage icons (i.e.
containerpage_big.png) did exist, while containerpage.png did not.
But I guess it's all related to the mysql config.

Thanks again!

Stephan Hartmann wrote:

> The problem is with large files.
> You have to raise the value of max_allowed_packet in mysqld section (16M
> seems enough) in my.cnf and repeat the installation.
>
> HTH
> Stephan
>
> 2011/5/12 Yves Ettounsi <yves.ettounsi at switch.ch>
>
>> Hi Mathias,
>>
>> I can confirm your issue, got exactly the same error messages here:
>>

>> ERROR [encms.xml.CmsXmlEntityResolver: 370] Could not resolve OpenCms
>> XML entity reference
>>
>> "opencms://system/modules/org.opencms.ade.containerpage/schemas/container_page.xsd"
>> org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException: Error reading resource
>> from path
>> "/system/modules/org.opencms.ade.containerpage/schemas/container_page.xsd".
>>        at
>>
>> org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException.createException(CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException.java:79)
>>

>> I tried a new, fresh installation of ocms8 on two different MacBook
>> Pro's, both with 10.6 and Tomcat 5.5./MySQL.
>>
>> I also published those files in the workplace, afterwards the template
>> III worked (altough I'm unable to use the ADE functionality for strange
>> reasons).
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Yves
>>

>> On 5/12/11 9:52 AM, Mathias Lin wrote:
>> >
>> > I've run the setup twice on Mac OS X 10.6.7, Tomcat7 (512mb mem heap
>> > assigned) , MySql5, and still getting these issues. I probably need to
>> > monitor the tomcat logs a bit more, but not urgent at the moment.
>> >
>> > On WinXP, Tomcat6 though, I've installed OCMS8 as well just now, no
>> problems
>> > at all.

>> on

>> I'm