[opencms-dev] state:error, message:500 error after copying OpenCms7.0.5 website from WinXP to Mac OS X

Mathias Lin mail at mathiaslin.com
Tue May 24 20:38:46 CEST 2011

I copied a OpenCms 7.0.5 website (raw mysql data folder and opencms webapp
folder) from WinXP to Mac OS X.
The website runs fine and I can log into the workplace, but right clicking
on a file icon in the workplace would bring up an error / alert box like
this: http://yfrog.com/izscreenshot20110525at220p, saying:

state:error
message:500

On WinXP, this doesn't happen (FF), only on the target server (Mac OS X;
both FF and Safari) where I copied my site to.

Anybody familiar with this error? I know this error box from when you're
logged into the OpenCms workplace, then shut down the Tomcat, you would get
this message (message:0 though, not 500). But why would I get this here? I
copied the entire mysql db data folder and the tables are all ok, and it
seems to be (if anything) permission related only on VFS level I would
assume, why would I get a 500 error here - where could there be a difference
between both setups? Especially when everything else is working fine
(frontend/website wise).
I don't see anything in the log either.

Another issue is that some pages under Administration (i.e. Module
Management, Search Management, Scheduled Jobs) stay blank when clicking the
navigation item. Some admin sections work fine though. Didn't happen on
WinXP either. Both problems seems to be related.

-----
Mathias Lin
Skype: mathias.lin
http://www.mathiaslin.com