[opencms-dev] OpenCms 8 Understanding

Thu Jun 16 17:07:38 CEST 2011

 Hi Sandrine,

good to see that OpenCms 8 is adopted by others ;-)

On 16.06.2011 15:37, Sandrine Prousteau wrote:
> My questions are :
>
> Available resourcetypes in a site:
>
> When I read the pdf of OpenCms Days 2011, I understand that the custom
> sitemap.config in "sites/default"  is only overriding the default
> behavior of the module (xsd formatters and sitemap.config
> resourcetypeslist ?)(all the modules installed?).
> But, when I create manually a containerpage in "sites/default", even
> with adding the default containerpage_template in the property
> "template" on the site folder, the ADE leave empty the list of
> resourcetypes available.
> I found we have to set a custom "/_config/sitemap.config" in the
> property "config.sitemap" on "/sites/default" folder. Then if we create
> on the workplace a containerpage, we can define a list of resourcetype
> to add in containers.
> So why must  we create it in the modules?
Good one - I ran into the same behavior and I expect that currently ADE
does not gather available container elements/resource types from the
installed modules. Thus the sitemap.config is required.
> Drag and drop new content:
>
> Suppose I have manually created the list of resourcetypes in my website.
> I try to add new types contents in containers of my page. Some element
> types works, other don't. I must misunderstood something in the
> configuration of elements... Is there someone who have clearly
> understood the configuration.
> All of my formatter jsp have a global <div>. All of my test elements
> have basic formatter with type "*". No use of javascript.
Same effects here. I found out that you have to restart/reload the
application context in case you add new container element/definitions on
the fly.
After a restart drag&drop works as expected. Further you may or may not
have to add a width attribute to the container definition (inconclusive
results yet).

\Fabian