[opencms-dev] OpenCms 8 Understanding

Polina Smagina p.smagina at alkacon.com
Fri Jun 17 09:46:47 CEST 2011

Hello Sandrine,

1) Available resource types in a site:

The resource types which can be selected via ADE add dialog and
drag&dropped to the container page do not depend on the template property.
This resource types have to be configured in the sitemap configuration
file. The path to this file has to be set in the property
"config.sitemap" on you sub sitemap or on the site folder. This is one
way to configure resource types.

The other posibility is to define the resource types inside of the
module. In that case set the path to the sitemap config of the module as
a module parameter and restart OpenCms. If you did so you can export the
module and import it on another OpenCms, after the restart the
configured resource types will/should be directly available in the new
system. However If you add a sitemap config for the same resource types
inside your site, it will overwrite the configuration of the module.

So normally you can choose one of the above possibilities to configure
the resource types.

2) Drag and drop content:

Does the formatter jsp of the resource types, which cannot be dropped
into containers compile? If you just click on the formatter jsp, there
should not be any syntax errors. Please also check the log file for
possible errors.

How did you configure the container inside of the templates? Did you set
the type and width? Did you use the minwidth and maxwidth attributes for
the formatter configuration?

3) Locales:

Please give some details how do you localize the site and describe the
steps you did in more details.

--
Kind Regards,
Polina.