[opencms-dev] Opencms Menu share

Padilla, Patricia PPadilla at riversidecountyit.org
Wed Jun 29 22:40:29 CEST 2011

We did something similar for one of our customers, the customer's website navigation, the site was running in OpenCms, had to be used across various existing applications. In our case, the menu needed to be included in a .js file. Our approach was to create a custom class in OpenCms that built the menu and generated the .js file. In the existing applications we set the "<script src='http://www.someopencmssite.com/sites/default/script/menudata.js> to the absolute url of the .js file generated by OpenCms.  There may be a better approach, but that worked for us.

Patricia  Padilla
Applications Developer