[opencms-dev] Order Articles by Category

Christian Funken c.funken at vucx.de
Thu Jul 21 16:22:17 CEST 2011

Hello mailing list.

In a blog-like enviroment ( not exactly, but close enough for this
question to make sense ), I need to be able to sort the articles shown
on a site based on their category.
I use decentralized categories and the CategoryWidget within the .xsd
and that seems to work fine for the articles themselves.
However, I can't find a good way to display all available categories on
the site. Is there some system register I can access for that information?
Or can I otherwise read through the folders and display whatever is
inside the lokal _categories folder?

I saw that OpenCMS 8 has something called the "cms:resourceload" tag
which seems to work for this sort of thing.
Sadly, I am stuck with 7.5 for the time being.
( I did however also see something called CmsResource in the API... is
there some way to use this to get to a folder listing? )

Thanks and have a nice day.

Christian Funken
_______________________________
*VISION UNLTD. CREATIVE WORX UG*