[opencms-dev] Order Articles by Category

Matt Levy mlevy at fta.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 17:06:18 CEST 2011

Hi Christian,

I have created a blog module for OpenCMS 7.5.x that does the sort of thing you need. You can see an example of it here http://www.twinlensphotography.co.uk/blog and http://www.fta.co.uk/blogs/media_and_campaigns/index.html

Essentially, there is a CmsCategoryService class in package org.opencms.relations that you supply a base folder and it will return a list of CmsCategory objects you can use. I have a set of classes and JSPs that use this functionality within the blog and the user selects the category when editing the blog entry. I am happy to forward on the source code for the module so you can see how it works if that helps?

Regards

Matt