[opencms-dev] Eclipse, Helios, webdav?

Mario Jäger m.jaeger at alkacon.com
Fri Jul 22 11:06:13 CEST 2011

Hi Phillip,

I use Eclipse 3.7 (Eclipse Indigo). I installed the WebDAV Plugin
available since Eclipse 3.2 without problems and can successfully browse
the OpenCms VFS.

To install that plugin, I used the Eclipse menu "Help" -> "Install New
Software". I added that site then:
http://update.eclipse.org/updates/3.2. I selected "Eclipse SDK 3.2.2" ->
"Eclipse FTP and WebDAV Support" then and started the installation.
After the successful installation I had to restart Eclipse.

To access the OpenCms VFS in Eclipse I opened the "Site Explorer" view
with the Eclipse menu "Window" -> "Show View" -> "Other" -> "Target
Management" -> "Site Explorer" -> "OK". There I clicked the "Add a Site"
icon. Then I had to configure that site. Thereto, I selected "WebDAV" ->
"Next" and I have done the following settings:

Server URL:  http://localhost:8080/opencms/webdav/
---> My opencms web application has the name "opencms".

User: Admin

password: *****
---> That is the OpenCms User "Admin" password

Proxy server URL: <I leave that empty.>

Connection Timeout (in seconds): 10

I used the "Finish" button then.

After that I could successfully browse the OpenCms VFS.

Kind Regards,
Mario.