[opencms-dev] Customize HtmlWidget-ButtonBar on a per Role / Group - Basis

Christoph Fröhlich cfauto at folge2.de
Mon Aug 15 21:59:26 CEST 2011

Hi,

I wonder, if it is possible to configure the button bar of a HtmlWidget in a custom content type dynamically  - dependent on the role or group of the current user?

I know that it is possible to control the button bar via the layout-tag in the content-schema:

   <layout element="Text" widget="HtmlWidget" configuration="link,anchor,source,downloadgallery"/>

But this definition is valid for all users.
I would like to show only some buttons to a simple user ana a more complete set of buttons to an admin.

I read about the possibility to have different configuration files in

  /system/workplace/editors/configuration/

and adjust their access rights accordingly to reflect groups and roles but I didn't get the feature to work

Does anyone knows how to do it?

Thanks and regards
Christoph