[opencms-dev] access content in main.jsp (container pagetemplate)

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Tue Aug 16 17:48:04 CEST 2011

Hi Patric,

in our template III we use the a specific resource for both header and
footer. This resource is dropped directly into the containerpage, in our
case the model container page, so the header and footer are the same on
all container pages. Additionally there are two containers for header
and footer inside of the template jsp.
To add the header to the containterpage the resource is dropped into the
container of the template header of the model container page. Then the
resource is edited, so some content is added. Afterwards the same
resource is dropped into the template footer of the model container
page. The formatter of this xmlcontent differes between the container
names and makes the right output using ${cms.container.name ==
'headercontainer'}. Please compare the formatter jsp and the schema
definition in the OpenCms 8 Template 3 frontend Module:

/system/modules/com.alkacon.opencms.v8.template3/formatters/config.jsp
/system/modules/com.alkacon.opencms.v8.template3/schemas/config.xsd

So If you want to use a specific article for you header. You should
create a special container for the header in your template. Make the
article droppable into this container by impelemeting an own formatter
and specifying it in the article schema definition. Inside of the
formatter you can use the information provided by the article and
display it. Then drop the article to your containerpage.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Michael.

Kind Regards,