[opencms-dev] Open CMS Upgrade to 8.0.2 - Issue

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Fri Aug 19 16:33:46 CEST 2011

Dawn,

> 	I have an application deployed in Jboss 5.1.0, MYSql database with Open CMS
> 7.5.2.
> In order to upgrade the application to CMS 8.0.2, I had copied the UPDATE
> folder and WEB-INF folder(in the opencms_upgrade_to_8.0.2.zip) to the
> applications root folder.
> The following are done,
> 1. Modified the existing opencms.properties file to have the value of
> wizard.enabled=true.

Ok, this is correct.

> 2. The index generation was disabled by removing the entries in
> cmsupdate.ori file, as was specified in the readme.txt file.

This will save a lot of time during the upgrade. However, you should not
forget to rebuild the search indexed after the update is completed and
the system is running again.

> 3. Deleted the occurrences of the entry
> "USERPREFERENCES_workplace-generaloptionsuploadapplet at
> java.lang.Boolean=false" (as mentioned in
> http://lists.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2011q2/035708.html)

This is not required any more. It was a bug in the Updater of OpenCms
8.0.0, and is fixed now.

> The servlet container was started and after hitting the URL
> http://localhost:8080/applicaitonname/update/, the following error is
> obtained in the update.log inside the WEB-INF folder,
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer.<init>(Lorg/apache/lucene/util/Version;)V
> 	at
> org.opencms.search.CmsSearchManager.getAnalyzer(CmsSearchManager.java:531)
> 	at
> org.opencms.search.CmsSearchManager.getAnalyzer(CmsSearchManager.java:751)
> 	at org.opencms.search.CmsSearchIndex.initialize(CmsSearchIndex.java:1061)
> 	at
> org.opencms.search.CmsSearchManager.initSearchIndexes(CmsSearchManager.java:1884)
> 	at
> org.opencms.search.CmsSearchManager.initializeIndexes(CmsSearchManager.java:1090)
> 	at
> org.opencms.search.CmsSearchManager.initialize(CmsSearchManager.java:1069)
> 	at org.opencms.main.OpenCmsCore.initConfiguration(OpenCmsCore.java:1223)
> 	at org.opencms.main.OpenCmsCore.upgradeRunlevel(OpenCmsCore.java:1816)
> 	at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.<init>(CmsShell.java:447)
> 	at org.opencms.setup.CmsUpdateThread.run(CmsUpdateThread.java:143)
> 	${user}@${project}># Turn echo on
> 	${user}@${project}>java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.executeCommand(CmsShell.java:760)
>
> Could you please advise as to what was done wrong?

It seems as if your system still accesses the "old" .jar files. The
lucene search was updated to a newer version which result in some code
changes in OpenCms.

So check if the old lucene .jar files in your /lib folder are
overwritten by versions that have a file size of 334 bytes. Those are
"empty" .jar files.

Best would be if you post a listing of your /lib folder here (ls -la)
were the file sizes are shown.

--
Kind Regards,
Michael.