[opencms-dev] Open CMS Upgrade to 8.0.2 - Issue

Dawn Louis dawn.louis at ibsplc.com
Mon Aug 22 14:57:26 CEST 2011

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the prompt reply and that worked for me.

As you pointed out , I had an older version of the lucene jar in my '/lib'
which was causing the issue. I removed it and the upgrade to 8.0.2 process
was successful.
I checked the 'update.log' in the WEB-INF/logs folder and there are no
errors.

Also I imported the packages that were exported before the upgrade process.
That process was also a success.

However there are a few issues in this upgraded system,

1. I'm getting a page not found when clicking on some of the images and .pdf
files. This issue is happening only in the upgraded system.
Scenario :  I have a file 'safari_logo.gif' inside
'/sites/default/ZA/Documents/Images/' folder. In the 'Offline' view, I'm
able to click on this image and view it. But when the 'Online' view is
selected, I'm getting a page not found exception. The URL being fired is
'http://localhost:8080/export/sites/default/ZA/Documents/Images/star-alliance-logo.jpg'.
Could you please advise as to why the system is searching the file inside
the '/export/sites/default' folder instead of '/sites/default' folder ? Due
to this error, Im not able to refer to any of the images kept inside the CMS
system from my application.

2. In the upgraded CMS system, when I click on the 'help' button, Im getting
some 404 exceptions like,
http://localhost:8080/export/system/modules/org.opencms.workplace.help/jsptemplates/help_body.jsp.html_499178748.html
http://localhost:8080/export/system/modules/org.opencms.workplace.help/resources/search.js
http://localhost:8080/export/system/modules/org.opencms.workplace.help/resources/close.png
All these are pointing to the 'export' folder again. How can we configure
the system so that it takes the resources from the '/system/modules/'
instead of '/export/system/modules' folder ?

3. The login page and the further pages had a broken style. This was
resolved by manually placing all the '.css' files in the
'export\system\workplace\commons\style' folder. Here also, the export folder
comes into play.

Could you please advise as to why this is happening in the upgraded system ?

Regards,
Dawn Louis