[opencms-dev] How do I update shared properties?

Thomas Göttlich guo.tuomi at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:01:09 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm currently restructuring our site and modules.
During this process, some templates are moved from one module to another.
However, there are a couple of existing pages that have the shared property
"template-elements" already set and I don't know how to update them.

Of course I can update the indivudal file properties in administration but
that would result in quite inconsistent properties.

Example:

old template path:  /system/modules/my.module.old/templates/sometemplate.jsp
new template path: /system/modules/my.module.new/templates/sometemplate.jsp

When I update the individual properties for the files that use that
template, I get this:

somefile:
- template-elements (indiv.):
/system/modules/my.module.new/templates/sometemplate.jsp    <-- this is ok
- template-elements (shared):
/system/modules/my.module.old/templates/sometemplate.jsp   <-- still the old
value

I changed the resourcetype definition to use the new path as shared
"template-elements" property, but that didn't update the existing files.

How would I do that?

Regards,

Thomas