[opencms-dev] OpenCMS Occassionally Serving wrong images / No Images

Brett Sheeran brett.sheeran at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 00:59:26 CEST 2011

Hi,

Post number 4 on this topic, sorry to keep bringing this up, but I am at my
wits end.

Previously, I mentioned we have had a strange issue with OpenCMS
occasionally serving up the wrong images. Further more, it seemed that
flushing the image cache caused the issue to disappear for a couple of days.

Yesterday, we experienced a variation on the problem where some images
didn't load after a user published a page. The user said that he tried
hitting reload on the browser to no avail. However, when he checked again a
couple of hours later, all the pictures were there.

This page has over 80+ images and, it seems that the issue with OpenCMS
serving the wrong images to *all* pages frequently occurs after the page
with the 80+ images is republished.

The site is running on OpenCMS 7.5.3 and receives a modest 2000+ page
requests per day. Whereas, we have another site that receives 11,000+ page
requests per day that never has a problem like serving up the wrong images.
The sites are similar in configuration and both make extensive use of
OpenCMS's image resizing. However, the site with the problem has a larger
number of images.

Are there any image cache are settings I might tweak? Is there anything I
can try?

Thank you.

Regards

Brett S