[opencms-dev] Static Export returns 404s

Andreas Graeff andreas at urthona.de
Fri Nov 4 05:25:45 CET 2011

Hi Ben,
I had a similiar problem some weeks ago.
There are two little steps necessary for static export. One point beside
to the default configuration I changed in the configuration-file
opencms-importexport.xml (in WEB-Inf/config) the parameter
/opencms/staticexport/rendersettings/userelativelinks from false to true
and and wrapped all links in <cmslinks>-tags. Also make sure, that you
have the correct export-path set in the root-dir of your side.
The other point is that the pages which you would like to export, must
be correct linked by other pages. If f.e. you embed your XML-Templates
in a page named Photogalery.html with multiple XML-Photo-content, only
the Photogalery.html should be exported, the XML-Photo-content is not
linked and therefor produces 404-Errors on static export.
In your case it seems for me like a problem with the rights of the
resource or parts of it, though make sure, that you can view the pages
as 'Guest'. Check the links. Do you get the 404 during static export or
while viewing? While Viewing, do you have the same links for 'admin' and
'Guest'?
Regards
Andreas