[opencms-dev] Static Export returns 404s

p r a v e e n praveenkumar at zohocorp.com
Fri Nov 4 06:36:34 CET 2011

Hi,

I had the same issue.
Select your imported folder. right click -> Advanced -> Touch. and then publish all files. then try static export.
another step is to check the export property is set properly.. right click -> Advanced -> export

Cheers,
Praveen

---- On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 06:33:15 +0530 <Ben.Ludkiewicz at londen-insurance.com> wrote ----

Hey everyone, I ran into a bit of an issue after upgrading opencms from 7.5.3 to 8.0.2 and I was hoping someone here could help me out.

Basically, I can't static export template resources and I get a 404 from the export url when I try.  Now, I do have opencms configured for multiple sites and one of the sites exports template resources just fine.  As for the other four, not so much.  I can export all non-template resources without issue in all of my sites though.

Everything worked as it should using 7.5.3.  I also tried upgrading to 8.0.1 as well as installing 8.0.2 clean and then importing my data, but the end result was always the same.  If I set the staticexport log to debug, I see a "org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException: Unable to read resource" error and asks if the guest user has access to the resource.  It does, although I also get a 404 when I try to view a page as the 'Guest' user (except with the one site that I can export from successfully, then I am shown the page).  I can view every page just fine as an admin.

If anyone could shed some light on my situation, it would be appreciated.  Let me know if posting any configuration files or log messages would help.

Thanks,
http://lists.opencms.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opencms-dev