[opencms-dev] Overview which permissions are really needed in OpenCMS ?

Kunicke, Holger holger.kunicke at av-studio.de
Thu Dec 22 13:26:56 CET 2011

If someone has the same problem especially with the categories, since version
7.54 these can also be defined directly in individual sites in folder
"/sites/mysite/_categories/".

Too bad that the search is complicated for such simple answers, and this is not
in the included documentation.

Greetings

Am 20.10.2011 17:43, schrieb Kunicke, Holger:
> Okay, my idea does not work the way I imagined.
> I want set +r (not inherit) on "/system/categories".
> But the sub folders of "/system/categories" still have read access.
>
> Any other ideas instead of manually disallow read access for every category tree?
>
> Greetings
>
> Am 20.10.2011 16:01, schrieb Kunicke, Holger:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm need to removing the +r permisson flag of "/system" folder for the
>> general user group. Because of read access for all workplace users isn't good
>> in an multiple customer configuration. Exists an overview explaining which
>> resources need really the +r flag for normal workplace users?
>>
>> At the moment my workaround is to set this flag at every sub folder of
>> "/system" except of folders where this flag makes read access we don't want
>> (such as folder "/system/categories"). Or is this the recommended way for my
>> needs.
>>
>> I'm using OpenCMS 7.5.4
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Holger

Holger Kunicke
Webentwickler

AV-Studio Kommunikationsmedien GmbH Halle
Stephanusstraße 2
D-06114 Halle (Saale)

Tel.: +49 (0) 345 20 999 -0
Fax:  +49 (0) 345 20 999 -20