[opencms-dev] Scheduled jobs repetition stopping randomly

Mathias Lin mail at mathiaslin.com
Fri Mar 2 12:48:03 CET 2012

I have some scheduled jobs setup; some are repeated once per day, some are
repeated every 20 minutes.

Recently it happens that the repetition of these scheduled jobs just
randomly stops; meaning that the jobs are executed for maybe half day or so,
and then just suddenly stop. I see the 'next execution' time in the
scheduled jobs overview, which has then already passed; and no other jobs,
even those that still have their next execution time in the future, don't
run anymore.

Looking at the opencms.log, I can't see any errors, and also the initial job
setup looks all fine in the log. When I restart the app context, the jobs
work again for a while, and then randomly stop again. Sometimes after the
first execution, sometimes for a few hours, very random.

For testing, I've also deactivated all jobs except for one, to make sure
it's not an issue of the number of jobs active at the same time. No
difference, same issue occurs still. (The job is very simple, all it does it
a apache httpClient that is fetching a url via get method.)

Does anybody have had similar experience?

(Environment: OpenCms 7.0.5, Oracle, WebSphere)

Thanks,
Mathias

-----
Mathias Lin