[opencms-dev] Displaying content with different JSP's?

Carsten Wilhelm wilhelm at bplusd.de
Fri Mar 16 22:52:30 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm new to OpenCms and need to build something like this:

(1)    An editor creates a page containing a flash element. The flash will load XML containing text to be displayed inside the flash

(2)    In OpenCms we create a XML Content containing all texts to be contained in the XML file

(3)    The editor adds the XML Content to the normal webpage

(4)    In the webpage a formatter will include the Flash file, not the texts directly

(5)    The flash file will call another URL which then returns the text as XML

Approach with siblings should work, but is very complicated for editors. Another approach could be to do something like a c:choose based on request parameters. Sounds ugly and not like anything I'd like to build.

Any ideas? Links to documentation or stuff?

Feedback highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Carsten