[opencms-dev] Workplace Translation for OpenCms 8.0.3

Sandrine Prousteau s.prousteau at eurelis.com
Mon Mar 26 10:20:13 CEST 2012

Good idea.
I submitted a bug in bugzilla.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org [mailto:opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org] De la part de Christian Steinert
Envoyé : dimanche 25 mars 2012 12:22
À : The OpenCms mailing list
Objet : Re: [opencms-dev] Workplace Translation for OpenCms 8.0.3

On 15.03.2012 10:57, Sandrine Prousteau wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We are currently translating OpenCms 8.0.3 in French... and a worry
> occurs : some buttons, for example "Search" in copy dialog, are
> displayed with a style="width: 60px;" attribute.
> <input name="selectfolder" type="button" value="Rechercher"
> onclick="top.openTreeWin('copy', true);" class="dialogbutton"
> style="width: 60px;">
>
> Our translations are often longer than in English. So the words are cut!
> Is there a possibility to arrange buttons width with the translation?
> Same question with context menus and others html elements...
>
> Thanks in advance

This is a bit late and just an idea: maybe you could change the "width:60px" to  "min-width:60px". min-width is supported by all contemporary browsers and will allow the button to extend if needed. You can then write a bug report and submit a patch to the opencms developers and maybe they will accept your patch into a future version of opencms.

That's the only solution that I can think of. I don't think it would be easy to make the styling truly translation-aware; calculating the necessary button size is pretty impossible (unless you are the browser) because it depends on so many factors.

Kind regards
Christian