[opencms-dev] page is not of required XML content

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu May 3 15:28:54 CEST 2012

In 8.0.4 I created a folder /sites/testsuite and was asked by the wizard
whether an index files should be created. I just followed the suggested options
and when invoking the page I got a workplace error popping up and in the
localhost_log of tomcat I'm seeing this:

May 3, 2012 11:43:30 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
org.opencms.xml.CmsXmlException: Resource "/sites/testsuite/index.html" is not o
f required type XML content.
        at org.opencms.xml.containerpage.CmsXmlContainerPageFactory.unmarshal(Cm
sXmlContainerPageFactory.java:333)

What am I doing wrong?